Arrivals, Departures and the Adventures In-Between
Everyone’s got a story to tell. If your story involves growing up among different cultures – either moving between them or having them move around you – then read this book. Growing up and transitioning cross-culturally can present unexpected challenges and bestow surprising skills. This is a book of adventures to help identify some of those challenges and use some of those skills in your own life – which is important because you’ve got more to contribute to the world than you realize.
- “Once, down a dark alleyway, a struggling TCK bumped into a mysterious Zen master, a grinning comedian, and an author of thrillers. That alleyway and those personas reside at O’Shaughnessy’s center. Get ready to grab your seat to steady your heart and to avoid falling over with laughter.” – Douglas W. Ota, Author, Safe Passage: What Mobility Does to People & What International Schools Should Do About It
- “I wish this book had been written when I was younger.” – Ruth E Van Reken, Co-author, Third Culture Kids: Growing Up Among Worlds
- “O’Shaughnessy’s does a marvelous job of covering the characteristics of the Third Culture Kid with riveting examples taken from his own life. Thanks for this valuable addition to the TCK literature and most importantly, the teen TCK.” – Lois J Bushong, Author, Belonging Everywhere & Nowhere: Insights into Counseling the Globally Mobile
- “O’Shaughnessy skillfully approaches cross-cultural upbringings and transitions with insight, compassion and humorous tales of identity, connection, community, belonging and resilience.” – Linda A Janssen, Author, The Emotionally Resilient Expat: Engage, Adapt and Thrive Across Cultures
- “Every TCK who is a junior or senior in high school should read this book before going off to college or living on their own.” – Delana H Stewart, Education Consultant