Intercultural Communication for Everyday Life
Written for students studying intercultural communication for the first time, this textbook gives a thorough introduction to inter- and cross-cultural concepts with a focus on practical application and social action.
- Provides a thorough introduction to inter- and cross-cultural concepts for beginning students with a focus on practical application and social action
- Defines “communication” broadly using authors from a variety of sub disciplines and incorporating scientific, humanistic, and critical theory
- Constructs a complex version of culture using examples from around the world that represent a variety of differences, including age, sex, race, religion, and sexual orientation
- Promotes civic engagement with cues toward individual intercultural effectiveness and giving back to the community in socially relevant ways
- Weaves pedagogy throughout the text with student-centered examples, text boxes, applications, critical thinking questions, a glossary of key terms, and online resources for students and instructors
- Online resources for students and instructors available upon publication at www.wiley.com/go/baldwin
Other Books From - Communication & Branding
Saving Face in Business: Managing Cross-Cultural Interactions Communication & Branding, Management Rebecca S. Merkin
Cross-Cultural and Intercultural Communication Communication & Branding William B. Gudykunst
The Cross-Cultural Communication Trainer’s Manual: Volume Two: Activities for Cross-Cultural Training Coaching & Facilitating, Communication & Branding John Cutler
Intercultural Communication for Global Business: How leaders communicate for success Communication & Branding Elizabeth A. Tuleja
Remapping Knowledge: Intercultural Studies for a Global Age Communication & Branding, Education, School & Teaching Mihai I. Spariosu
Solving the People Puzzle: Cultural Intelligence and Special Operations Forces Communication & Branding, Management Dr. Emily Spencer
Negotiating Cultural Intelligence: An Investigation of Australian Expatriate and Japanese Local Staff Intercultural Workplace Communication Communication & Branding, Country Specific Sean O'Connell Ph.D
Communication across Cultures: Mutual Understanding in a Global World Communication & Branding Heather Bowe et al.
Intercultural Communication and Science and Technology Studies Communication & Branding, Technical Luis Reyes-Galindo, Tiago Ribeiro Duarte
Cultural Intelligence: Individual Interactions Across Cultures Communication & Branding P. Christopher Earley, Soon Ang
Other Books By - John R. Baldwin et al.
No Books Available!