Introducing Intercultural Communication: Global Cultures and Contexts
Taking a truly global perspective, this textbook presents concepts, theories and applications from the field of intercultural communication in a lively and easy-to-follow style. Covering all the essential topics, from immigration to intercultural conflict to the impact of mass media and technology, this cutting edge new edition features:
- A student-friendly structure with enhanced signposting to guide students through the book.
- Expanded coverage of ethics, digital communication and social media.
- A brand new set of international case studies to tie theory to real-world practices, including the European refugee crisis, Chinese food culture and Barbie dolls and beauty.
- A suite of student-friendly learning features, including ‘Do it!’ activity boxes, chapter summaries and applications of key theories in ‘Theory Corner’.
- Links to further reading and SAGE Video to help understanding.
- A host of online resources to reinforce students′ learning, including multiple choice quizzes, discussion questions and exercises.
Introducing Intercultural Communication is the ideal guide to becoming a critical consumer of information and an effective global citizen. It should be required reading for students in media and communications, business and management, linguistics and beyond.
Other Books From - Communication
Other Books By - Shuang Liu et.al