The Handbook of Intercultural Discourse and Communication
The Handbook of Intercultural Discourse and Communication brings together internationally-renowned scholars from a range of fields to survey the theoretical perspectives and applied work, including example analyses, in this burgeoning area of linguistics.
- Features contributions from established researchers in sociolinguistics and intercultural discourse
- Explores the theoretical perspectives underlying work in the field
- Examines the history of the field, work in cross-cultural communication, and features of discourse
- Establishes the scope of this interdisciplinary field of study
- Includes coverage on individual linguistic features, such as indirectness and politeness, as well as sample analyses of IDC exchanges