Bridging the Gaps in Global Communication
This major textbook for a growing area of study provides the reader with the framework necessary for understanding the implications of communication in the global media marketplace. Using practical examples, Newsom offers students and media professionals an indispensable guide to mastering the art of international and intercultural communication. Key features include:
- Addresses an important subject that few other books do: how to communicate in the global media marketplace at both the interpersonal and public level
- Explores mass modes of communication including advertising, public relations, the Internet, news, and magazines
- Rich with real life examples, chosen to appeal to students
- Draws on the author’s experiences teaching media and public relations across Asia, Africa, and Europe
- Examines the factors that are influencing cross-cultural communication, bringing together practical, philosophical, and theoretical approaches to various types of interaction.
Other Books From - Communication & Branding
Saving Face in Business: Managing Cross-Cultural Interactions Communication & Branding, Management Rebecca S. Merkin
Cross-Cultural and Intercultural Communication Communication & Branding William B. Gudykunst
The Cross-Cultural Communication Trainer’s Manual: Volume Two: Activities for Cross-Cultural Training Coaching & Facilitating, Communication & Branding John Cutler
Intercultural Communication for Global Business: How leaders communicate for success Communication & Branding Elizabeth A. Tuleja
Remapping Knowledge: Intercultural Studies for a Global Age Communication & Branding, Education, School & Teaching Mihai I. Spariosu
Solving the People Puzzle: Cultural Intelligence and Special Operations Forces Communication & Branding, Management Dr. Emily Spencer
Negotiating Cultural Intelligence: An Investigation of Australian Expatriate and Japanese Local Staff Intercultural Workplace Communication Communication & Branding, Country Specific Sean O'Connell Ph.D
Communication across Cultures: Mutual Understanding in a Global World Communication & Branding Heather Bowe et al.
Intercultural Communication and Science and Technology Studies Communication & Branding, Technical Luis Reyes-Galindo, Tiago Ribeiro Duarte
Cultural Intelligence: Individual Interactions Across Cultures Communication & Branding P. Christopher Earley, Soon Ang
Other Books By - Doug Newsom
No Books Available!